International students are allowed to seek certain types of employment in the United States. If you want to find a job, you must get a social security card to ensure you are paid for your work.

Different employment options are:

On-campus employment is available in various offices and departments.

Off-campus employment for international students requires special authorization from U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services.

Curricular practical training is work experience, such as an internship or cooperative education, that is required by a student's academic program.

Optional practical training allows students to pursue employment that is related, but not required by, their academic studies.

Check the links on the left for more information.