Donations of cash, stocks or planned giving go directly to supporting waterfront activities. If you include the SUNY Maritime College Waterfront in your company’s matching gift program your contribution will go even farther.
Where do your contributions go?
Any where you designate! The Waterfront Fund is an independent account that is directed by Waterfront Staff. Your contributions will go 100% to supporting the Waterfront Fund’s mission, some examples of where we are looking for additional support include:
- Keelboat Fleet – support the next generation of sailors by sponsoring the conversion of a donated J24 sailboat to an IC24. We have already converted two boats but are ultimately looking to build an identical fleet of six boats that can be used for sail training for the offshore team, teaching sailing to students and the public, recreational sailing for students and the public and our Maritime Adventure Boat Camp – investment $25,000/boat (4 opportunities)
- Training Launch – acquire and outfit an additional USCG Motor Surfboat MK V that will be used for cadet ship handling, launch operator and lifeboat training. – investment $25,000 to re-power with new diesel engine and equip vessel.
- Coach Boats – purchase or donation of 17’ Boston Whalers would enable us to get additional coaches on the water – investment $15,000/boat
- Practice Sails, Electronics and other equipment – financial contributions or donations of sails, electronic equipment, compasses and even marks would support offshore sailing team – investment $50-$25,000
- Life Jackets, USCG required equipment and other safety gear – acquiring these items would help provide a safe learning environment – investment $200 to equip one coach boat; $25/lifejacket
All contributions are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law.