Tools and Resources
The Center for Teaching Excellence provides guidance and support for faculty who want to integrate technologies into their work at SUNY Maritime. Here are some of the tools and practices we support:
- Blackboard is Maritime’s learning management system. It allows for posting of course content, tests and discussions, enhanced assessments, and easy communication among participants in a course.
- Turnitin is the leading plagiarism preventions software. Located in Blackboard, it collects student’s written work and produces a report, creating opportunities to improve student writing.
- Smartboard and other classroom technology. Get the most out of Maritime’s tech-enhanced classrooms. Drop by the Center for Teaching Excellence and experiment with Smartboards, Kapp IQ boards, and other classroom technologies you’ll find all over Maritime campus.
- Video Conferencing is a great way to stay connected with students and colleagues. The Center for Teaching Excellence will support your use of tools such as Zoom, Adobe Connect, Skype, and Google Hangout.
- Tired of boring presentations? Prezi uses motion, zoom, and spatial relationships to create a cinematic and engaging presentation experience that brings your ideas to life.
- Snagit screen capture allows you to quickly grab an image or video from your screen and share it with anyone. Use it to turn your documents into narrated video, or add a writing tablet to create videos of equations and narrated solutions.
- Integrating social media into classes is a great way to connect course content to local, national and global conversations. The Center for Teaching Excellence can help you choose the right platform and explore the practicality and ethics of incorporating social media into your teaching practice.
Other tools we support: