Federal Work Study

If you receive federal work study as part of your financial aid package, you will be able to get a part-time job to supplement your income and help pay your cost of attendance.

To receive work study, you must file a FAFSA and be enrolled at least half-time.

Wages vary based on the work, but you cannot earn more than your federal work-study award.

Work On Campus

Most students prefer to work on campus. It is the student’s responsibility to find a job, and positions are limited. Do not delay your job search.

Find a Job

  1. Some work-study positions are listed in Purple Briefcase; other positions are available by contacting individual departments and offices.

  2. When you have found a job, Human Resource Services will email you to request that you complete required paperwork. Your supervisor will notify the Financial Aid Office and your award will be validated.

Do not start working before your paperwork has been approved.

Work Off Campus

If you choose to use your work-study benefits at an off-campus job, that job must be community service-oriented. This means the job must improve quality of life for local communities, especially underprivileged ones, by addressing needs such as health care, child care, adult literacy, child education, recreation and other social services; transportation; housing and neighborhood improvement; rural development and public safety.

You are responsible for finding an off-campus job that satisfies these requirements and submitting the position to Human Resource Services for approval.