Maritime College offers programs in Marine Transportation, Engineering, Naval Architecture, Marine Environmental Science, International Transportation and Trade, and General Marine Business and Commerce with a Humanities concentration, among others.
Through our United States Coast Guard licensure program, the Regiment of Cadets, it is also possible to travel the world through our annual Summer Sea Term, and to gain hands-on experience on our Training Ship, the Empire State VI.
* Most home countries will allow you to take their licensing exam once you have successfully completed Maritime’s training.*
This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students.
Maritime’s beautiful 55 acre campus is located on the Throggs Neck peninsula where the East River meets Long Island Sound. The SUNY Maritime College campus blends the best of two worlds: students enjoy a serene and safe environment just a few miles away from midtown Manhattan- the cultural and social hub of the world. The express bus to NYC is easily accessible, and student groups often go to Manhattan and Yankee Stadium.
SUNY Maritime is committed to its students' success during their college years and after. The college offers a learning environment that stimulates intellectual growth, scholarship, and creativity.
- Small classes, 15:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- Professors who are academic experts and working professionals in their fields
- Real-world applications and opportunities for internships, research, and
- Professional projects
- A technology-based curriculum offering skills 21st-century employers expect
- Over 30 student clubs and organizations