Definition of “In Regimental Good Standing”:
- Must not have any Class I offenses within the two semesters immediately preceding the application (Summer Sea Term counts as a semester).
- Must not have been awarded ‘excessive demerits’ within the conduct year (start of pre-cruise to end of the Spring semester) as defined below. In the case of a Cadet that does not participate in SST, this means the academic semester immediately preceding the application.
- 4/C – 75 demerits, 3/C – 60 demerits, 2/C- 55 demerits, 1/C – 50 demerits
- Must not have been removed from a position of leadership due to performance in the semester prior to application (SST counts as a semester).
“In Regimental Good Standing” criteria will be used for the following:
- Leadership Rate Applications (both ashore and SST, i.e. IDO, SQL, Band, Honor Guard & Security Companies)
- Cadet Shipping
- Scholarships (and continuation of scholarships)
- Transfer to the AAS program
- SSO SIP payments
- Selection to special programs that represent the College
- Favorable endorsements to work
*This list may not be all inclusive.
Policy date: 09.27.16