Connecticut Maritime Association (CMA) Shipping Conference
March 21-23, 2023
Join the Fort Schuyler community at this year’s CMA Shipping Conference at the Stamford Hilton. Visit us at Booth 124, attend alumni and faculty speaker sessions and learn about the College’s master's degree program that prepares graduates for careers in Shipping and Logistics.
Featured Faculty at the Booth
Bob Edmonds (Tues. 1200-1400)
RADM Stash Pelkowski '84 (Tues. & Thurs. 1400-1600)
James Spear ‘11 (Wed. 1200-1400)
Shmuel (Sam) Yahalom (Wed. 1200-1400 & Thurs. 1000-1200)
Mate Peter Vecchio ’92 (Thurs. 1200-1400)
Connie McCarthy (Thurs. 0900-1100)
Plus representatives from Career Services, Admissions and Alumni Relations.
Fort Schuyler Speakers
Tuesday, March 21
David Heller '88
MARAD Keynote Address: State of the Industry (14:05)
Wednesday, March 22
David J. Farrell, Jr. '84
Exceptions to the Jones Act (11:15)
RADM Michael Alfultis
Ensuring a Healthy Supply Chain of Future U.S. Merchant Mariners: The Perspective of a Maritime Academy President (14:15)
Beth Jordan-Wilson '01
Ship Management Roundtable: Crew Supply and Recruiting the Next-Generation Seafarers (14:30)
RADM Michael Alfultis and James Spear '11
Panel: Maritime Education and Training: Need for New Standards for a Greener and Safer Shipping Industry (17:00)
Thursday, March 23
Shmuel (Sam) Yahalom
Containership Bay Time: Impact on Port Time - Theory and Practice (9:35)
Christopher Aversano '84
The Digital Maritime Infrastructure (11:10)
Capt. Alexandra Hagerty '13
Changing Culture: A Timely Assessment of Mechanisms of Prevention and Protection in the Maritime Industry (14:25)
Registration and Additional information
Access the full conference schedule and details on how to register here.
October 27-28, 2023
Join this historic celebration at Fort Schuyler in celebration of the milestone reunions for classes ending in ‘3’ and ‘8’, featuring the brand new TSESVII at Olivet Pier and the Homecoming football game vs. USCG. Access the tentative Schedule of Events.
Local hotel and transportation information is available here.
To become a volunteer class representative and help plan your class weekend activities, contact Lexy Rivera, Director of Annual Giving, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, October 28
- 8:00 AM: Campus Opens (Parking in Lots #9, #10, #11)
- 8:30 AM: 50th, 55th, 60th, 65th Reunion Class Breakfast (Stephen B. Luce Library)
- 9:30 AM: Class Photos (Fort Schuyler Pentagon)
- 10 AM - 5 PM: Alumni Tailgate (Pre-Reservation Required)
- 10:30 AM: Pass in Review Ceremony (Fort Schuyler Pentagon)
- TBD: Ship Tours (Olivet Pier)
- TBD: Alumni Association Annual Meeting
- 12:00 PM: Lunch (Vander Clute Hall Mess Deck - $14 Per Person)
- 1:30 PM: Regiment March On & Alumni Parade (Reinhart Field)
- 2:00 PM: Football Kick-Off (Reinhart Field v. USCG)
- 4:00 PM: Alumni Association Happy Hour (Paddy's on the Bay)
Additional information and registration coming soon!